Welcome to Nexon Europe.

If this is your first visit, You will have to register before you can post.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SOD vs tiesto ring

hi there,

if u know a lot about dekaron, please explain which ring is better and why. ty

Advanced Member

Re: SOD vs tiesto ring

If I remember correctly. A Tiesto gives...

180 vitality
    some crit rate
    some defense %
    some all res
    and 2% phys res

Where as the SOD gives

5% all dmgs
    11~% pk/pvp resistance.
    Some sheild.

I'd personally go with an SoD here. Sure you take a giant cut to your critical damage and defenses, but you regain it by having a large amount of perfect resistance against enemies, and you can take more hits because of the extra shield.

Also, instead of 12% critical damage, I'd rather take 5% normal damage since it will enhance basic hits and your crits will still hit for 7.5% more than if you had neither equipped, that isn't taking into account vitality you had from elsewhere.

Daes > PVE
    SoD > PVP

I'm a bit hazy on the stats so that's just my half assed opinion. Also, SoD doesn't have to be sealed. So there's that.
    ~Triforce

Triforce - 170 Mage (Renamed from Wynd)
    Ryuu - 161 Concerra
    Crisis - 140 Aloken
    Seal - 121 BW
    Deity - 119 AK

Advanced Member

Tiesto:

+560 crit
    +180 vit
    +250 all resi
    +18% def
    +2% phys resi

Signet of Chaos:

+5% all dmg
    +12% pk/pvp resi
    +3500 shield

i agree with triforce and also would like to add that the 3500 shield are quite a lot aswell, since ud need quite the points in heal to get that much more (depends on ur class ofc). so unless ur looking for highest possible dmg numbers that appear once in a while, id recommend to use SoC (if u can that is) since it gives more average dmg output and a lot resistance against any possible dmg (pk/pvp-wise).

Banned

PVE Dragonic Lachrymae

PvP Pledge or SoD

Advanced Member

what u guys sugest for 130-? (mage)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by xXBebiiXx View Post
    what u guys sugest for 130-? (mage)

since daes or sod require more than 130 lvls, id suggest link which is quite expensive tho. so in ur case id say orb of engulving flames or belphegor. personally id go for orb as a 130 mage.

EDIT: i forgot about liberated ice dragon ring, which could be better for ur lvl than above mentioned ones.
    Last edited by ValNakor; 23-08-2012 at 09:49.

Advanced Member

I had Pledge before and I'm using SoD/SoC now (Vicio! <3). Pledge is generally better. The 5% attack aren't really noticable and the few % more in PK resistance are at the end less than the bonus on All Resistance and Defense (Pledge).
    SoD/SoC has only an advantage when you're in big fights, full +9, have the max defense anyway (Bagi, AK) and tons of candies / party buffs. That's where SoD/SoC is slightly better.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xSark View Post
    I had Pledge before and I'm using SoD/SoC now (Vicio! <3). Pledge is generally better. The 5% attack aren't really noticable and the few % more in PK resistance are at the end less than the bonus on All Resistance and Defense (Pledge).
    SoD/SoC has only an advantage when you're in big fights, full +9, have the max defense anyway (Bagi, AK) and tons of candies / party buffs. That's where SoD/SoC is slightly better.
    Yes cause SoD is like Orphina gives x% of base dmg(stats), so you get like 300 more dmg, so its nothing xd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krajek11 View Post
    Yes cause SoD is like Orphina gives x% of base dmg(stats), so you get like 300 more dmg, so its nothing xd
    I have tested SoC and Pledge when I had them both.
    When I was testing I did with SoD around 30-50 dmg more on players (both no candies, only own buffs). When I fight summoners or people with Aloken buffs I don't notice the 5% attack at all. With Pledge I was receiving around 20-40 dmg less than with SoC at physical attacks. Even more from elemental/magic.
    The 5% is a joke, especially when I use all available candies and get some PT buffs from other classes. We have tons of candies for physical attack. Every single one gives something from 5-10% (Hellion).

My weapon gives 22% (Yes, 2x 6%)
    My gloves give me 5%
    My 52 armlets give 8%

Divide Force gives me 25%(!) when it triggers
    Knuckle gives me 5%
    Bulls Cry gives me 5%
    Instinct Power gives me 5% and 372

And now count in all available candies and some PT buffs.
    Last edited by xSark; 23-08-2012 at 10:53.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krajek11 View Post
    PVE Dragonic Lachrymae

PvP Pledge or SoD
    Plz correct me if im wrong but - last time i checked you could wear multiple Dragonic Lachrymae........ they are not single-equip items afaik ?!

So best ( in theory ofc ) imho would be:
    PVP SOD + 3x lachrymae
    PVE Tiesto + 3x lachrymae

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast