Welcome to Nexon Europe.

If this is your first visit, You will have to register before you can post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is the best armor for vella?

Light or Plate?

I dont know if i should choose light, heavy/plate/cloth doesnt look good for vella since vella need lots of movement and atk.spd ^^

Re: What is the best armor for vella?

Just go with what you prefer, if you're a seasoned veteran at dodging, go for a glass cannon set (like full raider's or other raider's combos), if you find yourself dying a lot, then go with your stereotypical BH/Swift or Ingkells/Swift to buff defence.

Whats the point of playing vella if i get hitted, the point is to always dodge/counter attack and attack : D and try to get hit less as possible ,if u cant get hit less as possible ,it means that u dont know to play against "the respective raid" (for now i dont include players... since im new on vindictus and i didnt even completed story) :P ,so yeah ,this means BH/SWIFT/INGKELSS are not for vella!

which mean? light y?

even the best players get hit, and the strategy with every char except Fiona and Karoks is to "don't get hit".
    With Vella, lag or lag spikes are even more of an issue since if you spike even slightly at the moment you had to input counter, you'll get hit
    Also, this game has some issues with the way it responds to commands. You'll find yourself in situations where you input dodge or counter and you still get hit because your character didn't fell like doing something

So, try hitting lv 60+ raids before you decide if you want light or plate. Though, from my pov, plate will always be better due to game bugs and connection issues that can cause you to die, the extra defense might save you

And I'm quite sure, tank Vella build with high defensive plate + max rank slashing high into LR spam until you get stage 3 blade's hearth -> counter, rise and repeat will outdps most light armored Vella (exception being hero modes, or places with mobs with insane def and atk that can render 12k+ def close to useless and requiring high atk power)
    Last edited by Agentxyz; 27-12-2012 at 02:08.

Legendary Member

You can check my Vella thread for plenty of gear choices.

Plate is never useless on any character. There's a reason Lanns use them.

I don't think people should be forced into wearing plate armour just because, "the game lags" or "the game is unresponsive".
    It's a gameplay choice, a lot of people don't lag, or don't have responsiveness issues, and as such are free to "make a choice", despite choice being present in all situations.

But if you've got the money, by all means, get a +10 Apocryphal Set, it's plate and it's got high STR and DEF, bingo, best of both worlds.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agentxyz View Post
    even the best players get hit, and the strategy with every char except Fiona and Karoks is to "don't get hit".
    With Vella, lag or lag spikes are even more of an issue since if you spike even slightly at the moment you had to input counter, you'll get hit
    Also, this game has some issues with the way it responds to commands. You'll find yourself in situations where you input dodge or counter and you still get hit because your character didn't fell like doing something

So, try hitting lv 60+ raids before you decide if you want light or plate. Though, from my pov, plate will always be better due to game bugs and connection issues that can cause you to die, the extra defense might save you

And I'm quite sure, tank Vella build with high defensive plate + max rank slashing high into LR spam until you get stage 3 blade's hearth -> counter, rise and repeat will outdps most light armored Vella (exception being hero modes, or places with mobs with insane def and atk that can render 12k+ def close to useless and requiring high atk power)
    This.
    I've been playing this game since NA beta and Vella is my 7 th 60+ char in total.
    I could say that I know the game pretty much but I'm still a human and I do mistakes alot,even more cause my playstyle is pretty agressive.
    Lag and the bad optimization of this game doesn't help either so I'm gonna use full plate on my Vella,even my Kai has ~7k def..

Still,if you feel that you are some kind of a RaidHunter who can play at 1hp w/o getting hit then by all means go for full Raiders,etc..

Defense is important, for lag spikes or mistakes. Everyone is human, or if you Counter a triple hit by acident (I know its a instinct that we dont wait for the first swing of the boss that does 3)
    Atlantica: Axeleron (AR) - Kekipi (HY) Sanctuary Guild
    Vindictus XE: Kekipi & Kapi Heartlilly (Insight)

i think def is important but not enough def :d so 8k def are fine for vella ;d
    LoveTension / Alterity

Advanced Member

I'm going BH/Apo atm, 'cuz I'm insecure in my abilities to dodge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast