Welcome to Nexon Europe.

If this is your first visit, You will have to register before you can post.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Interview with NXBelsazar & DevCat - Part II

Dear Mercenaries,

we would like to give you another chance to give us some interesting questions which may be directed either:
    @ DevCat (Developer)
    @ NXBelsazar (Representative of the Publishing Team/Nexon)

The questions at DevCat should be only about the game itself. Nothing personal, as they are very shy
    The questions at NXBelsazar can be of either nature, personal or game related.

As collecting answers from the Developers might take a while after we have finished collecting all questions, we would like to ask your patience in this case beforehand.

We will probably not be able to answer all questions, but we will do our best in replying most of them and as open as possible. If there are too many questions, we will do a pre-selection.

Kind regards
    NX Belsazar

Advanced Member

Re: Interview with NXBelsazar & DevCat - Part II

@DevCat: How far along are you on making a decision on Hurk's 2nd weapon?
    Also, have you finalised what the story will be for Season 3? Nyle hinted at your battles with the White Queen not being over and he spoke of the Black Citadel...any chance either of those stories will be continued in S3? Also any chance of developing more of the world's lore? e.g. Reilly seemed to know a lot about Irukul (He says he's been around since before the time of Ancient Elchulus but won't tell you how he knows that) which seems to hint at him being much older than he appears.
    (make a male mage pls o____o )

Last edited by Akoola; 07.11.2013 at 15:13.

Advanced Member

Questions to Devcat:

@Devcat: Is there a chance you will release more contents in a shorter period of time than we have currently? This game lacks content for endgame veteran players.

I also do have another question. @Devcat: Why did you remove GvG? This was not used by many, that I know, but it still was being used. The only thing that made a guild mean something is gone now. A guild is but another chatroom now.

@Devcat: Will you also release more guild-wise content? such as Guild hall or anything in that way?

Bare with me, one last question: @Devcat: Why have you not removed the PvP classes yet? You do realize that they make PvP more unbalanced? The PvP classes are in 3 different categories "Speed, Defense and Ranged" Where Speed has more walking speed than the others and Defense gets more defense when hit etc. If you would like to keep this, atleast remove the PvP invulnerability "buff" that kicks in after each dodge (I'm not speaking about the dodge invulnerability frame but the extra *sparkling* buff).

The statial change such as ATT and DEF and the flinches are okay (except chain vella) But the PvP classes makes things rather unbalanced than balanced.

Question to NXBelsazar:

@NXBelsazar: Is there a way to reduce the lagg in 24 man raids? They used to be fine, I'm sure something can be made to revert this issue to its previous time where lagg was either rare or temporary.
    Last edited by Turokman33; 09.11.2013 at 14:47.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Turokman33 View Post
    Questions to Devcat:

Is there a chance you will release more contents in a shorter period of time than we have currently? This game lacks content for endgame veteran players.

I also do have another question. Why did you remove GvG? This was not used by many, that I know, but it still was being used. The only thing that made a guild mean something is gone now. A guild is but another chatroom now.

Will you also release more guild-wise content such as Guild hall or anything in that way?

Bare with me, one last question: Why have you not removed the PvP classes yet? You do realize that they make PvP more unbalanced?

The statial change such as ATT and DEF and the flinches are okay (except chain vella) But the PvP classes makes things bad.

Question to NXBelsazar:

Is there a way to reduce the lagg in 24 man raids? They used to be fine, I'm sure something can be made to revert this issue to its previous time where lagg was either rare or temporary.

Would you mind rephrasing those questions? What exactly do you mean by "PvP classes"?

Advanced Member

@Developers
    1) Will it be possible to see more user suggestion implemented, if they will not break the game and if they have a lot of work over them (Merry, my character, for example )
    2) Have you planned any change to the actual raid problems (such as atk cap, as new damage formula changed almost nothig, and rare loot)?

@Belsazar
    What can the staff actually do? Can Nexon create new events/choose when hold them and their rewards?

thx ILumnayti

E
    lyr - Evie
    Ileea
    - Lynn
    Arylisse - Delia
    Steam/Origin: YukiBloodriver
    Quote Originally Posted by Tardios View Post
    Belsazar i wanna lick ur bald head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by NXBelsazar View Post
    Would you mind rephrasing those questions? What exactly do you mean by "PvP classes"?
    i think IppikiOokami means the speed, defence, range classes which grants some buffs
    Last edited by hentazu; 07.11.2013 at 15:08.

Skilled Member

@DevCat
    Will Vindictus/Mabinogi:Heroes ever be support/run on Steam Operating System[SteamOS]?
    Are there any plans to add more combos/smashes to every class in the future? Such as adding a 6th smash or filling empty skill slots for kais crossgun bolt revolver/evies staff focus.
    Will there be a 3rd transformation of paladin/dark knight or have you decided to not go for 3rd trans and revamp paladin/dark knight skills instead?
    Will Season 3 follow the traditional Season 1 style of dungeons or will it be like Season 2? Or perhaps are you switching to a new type of dungeons for Season 3?

@NXBelsazar
    What makes 24man raids lag so much and is there a solution to fix this?
    How long does it usually take to test new content on your internal test server before patching it to live server?
    Last edited by R0JS; 11.11.2013 at 16:40.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by NXBelsazar View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out, it's done now.

Advanced Member

Another one for Belsie (or, better, for the staff):
    Could you make a photo of the staff? It would be nice to know more you all :v

thx ILumnayti

E
    lyr - Evie
    Ileea
    - Lynn
    Arylisse - Delia
    Steam/Origin: YukiBloodriver
    Quote Originally Posted by Tardios View Post
    Belsazar i wanna lick ur bald head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skilled Member

@DevCat: Why does it take 5-6 months to port content from Korea to the west (EU/NA)? Many players would appreciate the content releases across different regions being closer together; we've seen Season 2 Episode 3 in July, but only in November do we get to actually play it. The wait is agonising, and in the end some players simply choose to play a different game rather than wait 5 months for content they've already seen all over the internet. There's a great deal of people in EU/NA that love your game, although probably not as much as in Korea. Help us stay interested rather than keep us waiting!

@DevCat: As you probably know via inven and vsnobs, your new damage formula was experimentally worked out fairly quickly. These websites found it to be initially flawed and you had to fix it. What was the actual fix you implemented? Can you be more transparent with formulae in this game, like other game devs (Blizzard, World of Warcraft; Riot, League of Legends)? It would greatly help theorycrafting if the actual formulae were made publicly available, as it has done in the aforementioned games.
    IGN: Loleon

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast