Welcome to Nexon Europe.

If this is your first visit, You will have to register before you can post.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Re: Interview with DevCAT - Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Takenu View Post

You broke it already, just look at the Bug Reports section. Go and revert your broken S1 story patch, please. And don't "improve" it again before it's finished.
    Actually this wasn't DevCat's doing but ours. The reason why the S1 quests have been messed up is the following.
    In short: The early update of the US version has 'overwrote' our version's S1 texts.
    We have 2 options now:
    Either rollback the S1 texts for about 3~4 weeks or simply wait for the S1 revamp, where everything will be back to normal.

8. Are you considering moving the game's development to a brand new engine or at least updating the current Source Engine?

We have already introduced quite a lot of changes compared to the original Source Engine for Vindictus, so it will be difficult for us to migrate from the current version to an entirely different engine or an upgraded Source Engine. However, whenever new options are added to the Source Engine, we always try our best to implement them within the game.

if you wont repair your game more people will leave as lot of my friends already did. Game simply not give a fun for players becouse of DC, BUGS and performance. You need the worst details in game to play or if you have HIGH END PC the game still works 10-60 fps.
    So if you have a HIGH END PC you quit and go and play in more better looking game.
    And if you have lower specs PC you simply go and play for better optimize game and there is lot of them.

THIS IS UNACECEPTABLE that game with awesome graphic and higher details like Crysis 3 works better than based on source engine DX9 !!! Vindictus on low details.
    Vindictus is based on 1player host and randoms so when you dont have friend who is good host you wont play as much as you could.
    When you raised PC specs for hosting you simply kill the ability to play of that kind players.
    This game works good about 1,5 year ago and now it ****s becouse 1.5 year ago on the same PC i was able to host all rocheste raids without any lags and fps drop with full 8 ppl party and now its lags with 5 ppl.

When you increase PC specs ====>> you kill the hosters ========>>>> you kill the whole game !!!

without a big step with optimizing your game which increase the stability and performance of game there is no hope for this game. R.I.P Vindictus

Skilled Member

Quote Originally Posted by NXZyava View Post
    1. What are your plans for 2014?
    First of all, 2014 will be the year that we upgrade the quality and overall stability of the game. Aside from that, expect to see many new things and ideas developed after Season 2!
    I hope that include Bugfixes too. Since over a year we waiting that you fix Vella Tread1/Tread2/Tread3 and still nothing.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by NXBelsazar View Post
    In short: The early update of the US version has 'overwrote' our version's S1 texts.
    We have 2 options now:
    Either rollback the S1 texts for about 3~4 weeks or simply wait for the S1 revamp, where everything will be back to normal.
    OK. I didn't know it had to do with Premiere/XE conflicts (I really pity you now ).

Errr, so I dunno, if a rollback is complicated and the S1 revamp is near then it's all fine I guess. It's just that I've talked to many new players who were really frustrated with how everything is broken and incorrect. For the past month or so, basically every new player gives up halfway through Ainle because they're so fed up with quests not working or telling them to do the wrong thing. I'm sad to see so many new players abandon this game because of silly and unnecessary errors in the early main story. I'm sorry if my post was too harsh.

_|_Chayara | level 71 Staff Evie | Tailoring 350 || Eaya | level 80 Twinsword Vella | Armorsmithing 350
    Ixakya | level 71 Staff Evie | Armorsmithing 350 || Xayi | level 76 Twinsword Vella | Weaponsmithing 350
    Deyala | level 73 Scythe Evie | Goldsmithing 350 || Caea | level 80 Dualblade Vella___________________v
    Aoya | level 53 Scythe Evie || Vaea | level 80 Dualblade Vella_|_

Crafted items for sale

Legendary Member

Meh.. the first part was more exciting. Any ETA on when Belsazars answers will be added?

Skilled Member

Quote Originally Posted by NXZyava View Post
    We do know that players should not rely entirely on their luck to acquire items and we are going to revamp the overall Reward System and Seal System as well to make it easier for you to upgrade and obtain new equipment
    Sounds good, but I'm just hoping that your view of 'making it easier' is NOT to slap S2 drops in the seal shop for like 1000 seals. I'd rather buy badges, VIP and all that shenanigans than doing 1000 raids for one Laki fang.

BTW: Escpecially do something about S1 drops first. I'm doing EP10 raids every day since they came out and all I got was one Divine tear and one manuscript. *still hoping to be able to make infinity swords one day*

Skilled Member

Should i get worried that the majority of the words used by DevCat on the interview were :

"We are planning"

"There are no specific plans"

"There are no plans"

"There are no plans to introduce"

"We really want to develop"

"There are no such plans at the moment"

Skilled Member

So basicly the most important things arn't coming anytime soon :

• Reloging system
    • Chat and guild system revamp (not even creating friend group :/)

I already knew and in details the most important "new things" said in this interview AKA characters revamp and Lynn coming, but i know that it won't be happening anytime soon (been already 2 months since last update and need one more month just for S1 revamp and MAYBE Lynn release for the most optimistic of us)

And increasing the cap to 90 and trans lv3 ? Episode 4 is still 80 and trans lv2 and is 6-8 months from us idk why they said that

i frankly have learned nothing new here, this interview seems to have been done months ago and this is the DEV interview (so the most important one) , BeL interview will most likely be around "what kind of pizza do you like" instead of answering real questions like "why runes arn"t in TIR yet" (i don't want your package of 20k nx aka 5 runes or **** xD)

The only question i regretted to not ask is if KAI skills on both weapons not taking advantage of the combo bonus damage a bug or not (execpt the kicks ,hollow shot close range and 6shooter 1st hit) i submitted a ticket a while ago and got closed by saying the usual "we will forward this to the devs" and obv "don't expect a feedback" xD

EDIT : don't be fooled by the LUK revamp, its just bullcrap ,Korea didn't get anything yet and they are 8 months ahead of us, its the usual Nexon linger promess method imo
    Last edited by oldb0yy; 25.02.2014 at 14:26.

Advanced Member

They seemed to answer the questions which would allow them to give some relatively ambiguous answers. Still, this is better than nothing.

Skilled Member

Quote Originally Posted by d4seeder View Post
    Should i get worried that the majority of the words used by DevCat on the interview were :

"We are planning"

"There are no specific plans"

"There are no plans"

"There are no plans to introduce"

"We really want to develop"

"There are no such plans at the moment"
    Good summary.
    In short: nothing but hot air.
    I don't know many times I've seen that kind of promises since my 1st days on this game (NA release ).
    And we all know what we got ... *crickets*

Expect more bugs, less fixes, more NX crap on depot.
    And start to save money (IRL), cuz you'll prolly need to buy a Cray III to run this awfully optimized game lol.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast