Welcome to Nexon Europe.

If this is your first visit, You will have to register before you can post.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

[FAQ] Please read before asking a question

Please use Ctrl+F to find what you are looking for.

1. Gameplay
    1.1 Updates
    1.1.1 When will X be added to the game?
    1.2 Skills
    1.2.1 I cannot change my SP Skill
    1.2.2 Why do we not have all skills like Vindictus NA / Premiere Version?
    1.2.3 Can I reset my skills?
    1.3 Items
    1.3.1 My mails have disappeared
    1.3.2 I have lost my Catacombs Fragment
    1.3.3 I am missing an event reward
    1.3.4 When does an item become bound to a character?
    1.3.5 What is the drop rate for X item?
    1.4 NX Items
    1.4.1 How do Enhancement Runes work?
    1.4.2 I forgot to put my Enhancement Rune!
    1.4.3 Can I sell NX items?
    1.4.4 Can I change the colour of a permanent Inner Armor / Hairstyle?
    1.4.5 My tattoo has disappeared, even when equipped!
    1.4.6 I have bought a VIP badge, but I still cannot do my daily raids more than once
    1.4.7 Why can't I fuse these 2 items?
    1.4.8 Where is my bought NX item?
    1.5 Quests & Titles
    1.5.1 An NPC has disappeared and I need him/her for my quest
    1.6 Can I modify the game files (example: Korean soundpack)?
    1.7 What exactly are all the differences between Premiere and XE Version?
    1.8 Am I allowed to buy ingame gold for real life currency?
    1.9 Why can't I create a guild?
    1.10 What are the enhancement rates?
    1.11 Can I reset my Transformation Path?
    1.12 Why am I laggy in parties?

2. Technical Issues
    2.1 Banned
    2.2 I want to change my account info
    2.2.1 Password
    2.2.2 Nexon ID / Email / First or Last Name
    2.2.3 Crimson Blade Security Code
    2.3 Errors
    2.3.1 Failed to authenticate the SSO server / NMManager - Warning SSO ??????????
    2.3.2 Error checking patch (url, buffer, internetOpenUrl Error 2)
    2.3.3 Exception Code: EXCEPTIOM_ACCESS_VIOLATION
    2.3.4 This version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running.
    2.3.5 Error code= -60
    2.3.6 Error code= -40
    2.3.7 Error code= -46
    2.3.8 Error code= -30
    2.3.9 Speedhack detected
    2.3.10 The game is currently under Maintenance
    2.3.11 You have been disconnected from the Server. The Client/Server detected some issues with the connection.
    2.3.12 The Secondary Password has been entered incorrectly
    2.4 Bug / Glitch
    2.5 Can I use X program safely, or will it be detected by Hackshield?
    2.6 My country / IP is blocked
    2.7 I cannot charge NX: "Cannot charge amount"
    2.8 I cannot buy an NX item even though I have enough NX

3. Reporting someone
    3.1 Hacker / botter
    3.2 Leecher / afker
    3.3 Scammer
    3.4 Insults / racism / inappropriate name
    3.5 Spammer / goldseller / advertising

This FAQ is a work in progress.
    Last edited by NXKarmek; 12.03.2014 at 15:47.

Advanced Member

Re: [FAQ] Please read before asking a question

1. Gameplay

1.1 Updates

1.1.1 When will X be added to the game?

We cannot give out any information about future updates, so please do not ask our GMs for it. You are free to discuss with other players about the release date of a certain feature, but if you want an official statement, you will need to wait until one is posted on the website or forum announcements.
    Please keep in mind that, while we do mainly follow the release order of Episodes and their features of the NA / Premiere version, we may have some features released on other dates.

1.2 Skills

1.2.1 I cannot change my SP Skill

If you are an Evie under lvl 52, you will only have 1 SP skill. SP: Regeneration is only available for Staff users, while SP: Insane Reaper is only available for Scythe users.

If this is not the case, please try changing the key mapping to another button and then testing if it works. You should be able to change the keys by opening the Options window, and going to the Advanced Settings in the Control tab. If it still does not work after changing the key mapping, please send us a ticket and we will try to help you further.

1.2.2 Why do we not have all skills like Vindictus NA / Premiere Version?

This is the Vindictus EU Version, which differs with the Premiere Version in multiple ways. This includes having a few different skills, or XE Version not having certain skills that Premiere does have.
    Due to these differences, we offer a different gameplay than the Premiere Version. This can be experienced in a good or a bad way.

1.2.3 Can I reset my skills?

You can reset your skills with the Skill Reset Capsule available in the Depot.
    However, if you do not have any NX to spare, do not worry too much about it as AP is unlimited and in the end you will be able to upgrade all of your skills to the maximum.

1.3 Items

1.3.1 My mails have disappeared

Mails expire after 7 days. After expiring, you will not be able to retrieve any items that were in your mail. Please open your mails in time.

Note: CoD mails expire after 2 hours, after which they are sent back to the original owner.

1.3.2 I have lost my Catacombs Fragment

When Keaghan asks whether you have found something, simply pressing "Nothing". You should be able to continue the quest even without the Catacombs Fragment.

1.3.3 I am missing an event reward

Please double-check if you have participated correctly in the event. It is possible that you have mistaken the event times.
    Also double-check whether the event rewards have already been distributed. The distribution date is usually mentioned in the Event announcement. Note: Sometimes it may take a whole day to distribute the event rewards.
    Do not forget to relog your character, this is sometimes needed to receive the reward.

If you are absolutely certain that you should have received the event reward, and it is still missing on your character, please send in a ticket.
    Note: If you deliberately try to trick us by providing false info in the hopes of getting free items, this can result in a ban.

1.3.4 When does an item become bound to a character?

An item becomes bound to a character when:

• The enhancement level is greater than +8
    • The item is fused
    • A rank 9 or higher Enchant Scroll is used on it
    • The item is sent via mail or sold via the Marketplace (not applied to equipment and weapons, unless one of the 3 previous options apply to it)

You can unbind items with Unbind Potions.
    An item can only be unbound 3 times in total.

1.3.5 What is the drop rate for X item?

We cannot tell you the exact drop rate for an item.
    Please keep in mind that some rare items have a really low droprate, so it is possible that the item still does not drop after a long time of farming for it.

1.4 NX Items

1.4.1 How do Enhancement Runes work?

You can use an Enhancement Rune to protect your equipment or weapon from breaking, losing durability or losing the enhancement level, when you fail an enhancement attempt.
    When enhancing your item, make sure to drag your Enhancement Rune into the empty rune slot. When your enhancement succeeds, the rune will not be consumed, and can be used again. When you enhancement fails, the rune will disappear, but your item will not break or lose durability, and will keep his former enhancement level.
    Enhancement Runes can only be used for enhancements under +10.
    Premium Enhancement Runes can be used for enhancing from +10 to +11.

1.4.2 I forgot to put my Enhancement Rune!

I am sorry, but we cannot refund your item or undo the enhancement progress because of a user mistake. Next time, be careful and pay more attention to your runes while enhancing.

1.4.3 Can I sell NX items?

While it is technically not allowed (obtaining ingame gold by spending real life currency), it is available in the game to sell NX items to other players through the marketplace or the gift system. This is not bannable, but involves the risk of getting scammed.
    You are allowed to sell NX items through the gift system on your own risk.

1.4.4 Can I change the colour of a permanent Inner Armor / Hairstyle?

Once bought, you are not able to change the colours of a Permanent Inner Armor.

1.4.5 My tattoo has disappeared, even when equipped!

Please go to the Avatar Shop in game and select the 'Face' tab (ensure you have your face tattoo equipped). After that, select your Tattoo in the 'Face Tattoo' window and click the 'Set' button to position it on your face. It is possible that the tattoo has simply de-positioned itself.

If you still encounter problems after this, please send in a ticket.

1.4.6 I have bought a VIP badge, but I still cannot do my daily raids more than once

First of all, please make sure you have correctly activated the VIP Badge.
    It is possible you will need to relog in order to be able to do your daily raids twice.

If you are still experiencing trouble even after correctly activating the badge and relogging, please send in a ticket.

1.4.7 Why can't I fuse these 2 items?

You need to be able to wear both items in order to fuse them. This means your character needs to be at the required level or higher, have the necessary skills leveled, and the item needs to be able to be worn by your class.
    Bound items cannot be fused. You need to unbind an item in order to fuse it (after which it will be bound again).

1.4.8 Where is my bought NX item?

It should be in your NX Inventory. You can find this under your normal inventory bags. The NX Inventory has 'NX' written on it.
    The item may be in your Temporary NX Storage (same tab as NX Inventory), you will need to take it out in order to use it.
    Last edited by NXDew; 11.06.2013 at 15:52.

Advanced Member

1.5 Quests & Titles

1.5.1 An NPC has disappeared and I need him/her for my quest

During certain quests, NPCs may disappear from their normal place or appear in other places. Please continue your other quests and the NPC should appear again in their normal place.

1.5.2 Why do I get less stats as mentioned for titles?

If another character on the same account already had that title, 80% of the stats are already shared through the other character. This is visible by the little "80%" icon next to the title.
    This means, if the title gave for example 5 STR, and you already have the same title on a different character, you will already receive 4 STR automatically after discovering the title.
    Upon finishing the title you will receive the remaining 1 STR.
    Because of this it may look like your stats didn't really increase, but in reality you already had the stats from that title. So don't worry, you're not missing any stats.

1.6 Can I modify the game files (example: Korean soundpack)?

No. Any modifications of the game files are not allowed, and doing so will result in a temporary account ban.

1.7 What exactly are all the differences between Premiere and XE Version?

Skills
    In XE:
    • Jump + Jump attack / smash
    • XE Move
    • You are able to launch monsters in the air with smashes
    • Fiona's Guard and Heavy Stander are activated the same, look the same and is easier in use
    • Lann's Gliding Fury can be activated after every smash
    • Spear Lann's are unable to use Gliding Fury
    • Lann's Fury Infusion was replaced by a twirl attack that provides invulnerability frames

In Premiere:
    • Fiona's Guard and Heavy Stander are two separate skills
    • Lann's Gliding Fury requires a critical hit in order to be activated

Battles
    In XE:
    • The Boss HP bar is always visible
    • You automatically sprint while running
    • A combo system has been added
    • The damage an enemy takes can be seen
    • Special titled monsters appear in all difficulties
    • Normal attacks use stamina

In Premiere:
    • Harder difficulty for lower levels
    • The Boss HP bar is only visible on Normal difficulty
    • You run slower by default, and require stamina to activate sprint
    • Special titled monsters only appear in Hero difficulty
    • Normal attacks stop your stamina regeneration

Content
    Vindictus EU was released a year later than Vindictus NA, but we have been releasing content much faster than the NA version and have caught up with them in terms of content releases.
    However, our content may still differ with them, as we may release certain updates sooner or later than Vindictus NA.

1.8 Am I allowed to buy ingame gold for real life currency?

No. Doing so will result in a permanent ban.
    Furthermore, any unofficial sites selling gold are strictly illegal, and are most likely scams.

1.9 Why can't I create a guild?

Please make sure of the following:
    • You have enough gold to create a guild
    • You are currently not a guild
    • You are high enough lvl to create a guild
    • Your guildname is not in use
    • Your guildname does not include any inappropriate words or words blocked by the chatfilter
    • Your guildname is between 3 and 32 characters long
    • Your guildname does not contain any special symbols
    • Your guildname does not contain any spaces (currently not possible to create a guildname with spaces)
    • Your guildname was not used before and deleted

1.10 What are the enhancement rates?

We cannot tell you the exact enhancement rates, but this topic is quite accurate and will give you a good idea.

1.11 Can I reset my Transformation Path?

Yes, you can use the Path Change Coupon from the NX Depot to reset your Path.
    When changing Path, you will keep all of your Path points and will be able to re-allocate them on your new Path.

1.12 Why am I laggy in parties?

Vindictus uses a peer-to-peer network system to host parties and raids. This means that all party members will connect to the host (creator of the party), and will not rely on Nexon's gameserver.
    If you are experiencing lag in parties, it means your connection to the host is not stable enough. If you are the host and are lagging, it means your connection simply cannot handle your current amount of party members.
    In order to host a lagless party of 6 people or more, an upload speed of 1mbps or more is required. You can test your download and upload speed here.

If your computer hardware/drivers are outdated or cannot handle Vindictus too well, this may also cause lag in parties.
    You can read this topic for information on how to optimize your computer for Vindictus.
    Last edited by NXKarmek; 12.03.2014 at 15:46.

Advanced Member

2. Technical Issues

2.1 Banned

Please check the message you receive on login to find out why you have been banned.
    • Temporary ban due to file modification: We have detected that you have modified the game files on your account. Any modifications of the game files are not allowed and thus your account has been temporarily banned for 7 days for modification of the game, please remove any possible modification related to Vindictus or you will be banned again. Your ban will be released after 7 days.
    • Permanent ban for goldbuying: We have found evidence of goldbuying on your account, and thus your account has been permanently suspended.
    • Scam investigation: We have found scam or hacking activities on your account. It is possible that a hacker has tried to access your account. Please send in a ticket for more information and to get unbanned.
    • Insulting: You have received a temporary ban for insulting (suspension time may differ for different cases).
    • Leecher: You have received a temporary ban for leeching (suspension time may differ for different cases). This means being afk in a battle quest while having your party members do all the work for you.
    • Hacker / Banned by Hackshield / Banned by Cheating: We have found hacking activities and/or hacking tools related to your account, thus your account has been permanently banned.

If you wish to discuss your ban, please send in a ticket. We cannot help you over the forum or ingame.

2.2 I want to change my account info

2.2.1 Password

You can change your password on our website.

If you do not remember all of your information, please send in a ticket to the Lost Account Information department and we will help remind you of the correct info.
    Make sure you fill out the necessary custom fields with as much information as you know, or might know.

Also note, that you should under no circumstances write any account information in the message body itself, for security reasons.
    Every ticket with direct account information in the text field, will be deleted, for security reasons, and a new ticket will have to be sent.

Also, please do not forget to specify which information you need.

2.2.2 Nexon ID / Email / First or Last Name / Forum Name

You can change your email on the My Account page in the top right corner. You will need to fill in some personal info to validate your account, and afterwards you will be able to change your email.

However, it is currently not possible to change the rest of your account info. We apologize for the inconvenience.

2.2.3 Crimson Blade Security Code

You can change your Crimson Blade Security Code before selecting your character, while logged in ingame.

You can reset your own Secondary password here: http://en.vindictus.nexoneu.com/NXEU...SecondPassword
    You will be asked to fill in some account details to verify your account.

If you do not remember these account details, please send in a ticket to the Lost Account Information department and we will help remind you of the correct info.
    Make sure you fill out the necessary custom fields with as much information as you know, or might know.

Also note, that you should under no circumstances write any account information in the message body itself, for security reasons.
    Every ticket with direct account information in the text field, will be deleted, for security reasons, and a new ticket will have to be sent.

2.3 Errors

2.3.1 Failed to authenticate the SSO server / NMManager - Warning SSO ??????????

Please try the following solutions:

• Make sure your firewall is not blocking Vindictus.
    • Try running the Vindictus.exe file as Administrator.
    • Turn off Parental Control if this is turned on.
      You can find this in your Control Panel, and also in your Anti-virus settings (especially ESET and NOD have Parental Control turned ON by default).

• Add Vindictus to the allowed exceptions of your Anti-virus program.

2.3.2 Error checking patch (url, buffer, internetOpenUrl Error 2)

Internet Explorer may be working in Offline mode. Please set it in Online mode, this is needed for the game to start. If the game still isn't starting, please also change the port to 80.

2.3.3 Exception Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Please try the solution described here: http://techissuesresolved.wordpress....address-error/

2.3.4 This version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running.

Please try to download the client again and re-install Vindictus Online.
    If you still experience a problem while installing, please write a ticket.

2.3.5 Error code= -60

Please try out the solutions listed here: http://www.klyptotech.com/ERROR_CODE_%3D_-60

2.3.6 Error code= -40

Please try out the solutions listed here: http://www.klyptotech.com/ERROR_CODE_=_-40

2.3.7 Error code= -46

Please try out the solutions listed here: http://www.klyptotech.com/ERROR_CODE_=_-46

2.3.8 Error code= -30

1. Apply all updates for Windows, also disable AntiVir if installed for a test
    2. Delete Vindictus, update all drivers, directX, IE, re-download and re-install Vindictus
    3. A solution that seemed to have worked before is to completely re-install Windows. I know this seems very drastic, but this is all I can tell at the current state. If you have a safety backup of Windows before this bug appeared, you can try to reset your OS to that point.

2.3.9 Speedhack detected

This often happens when your computer goes into Standby mode while still having Vindictus open. Do not worry, not every Hackshield detection results in an account ban.

2.3.10 The game is currently under Maintenance

Please check our homepage and check if the game is under Maintenance. If it is, please be patient for the maintenance to end. If it's not, it is possible there is an emergency maintenance going on, or that you are currently not able to connect to the server.

2.3.11 You have been disconnected from the Server. The Client/Server detected some issues with the connection.

Please make sure you have a stable internet connection.
    If this problem occurs after receiving a temporary ban on your account, or if this problem only occurs on a specific character, please send in a ticket.

2.3.12 The Secondary Password has been entered incorrectly
    Please try resetting your router (resetting your connection), and restarting the game. Also please make sure you are entering your Nexon ID correctly and case-sensitive.

If the problem keeps occuring, you can request a Secondary Password reset via a
    ticket.

2.4 Bug / Glitch

Please check out our Bug Report section. If the bug or glitch you have experienced is not included in this list, please make a detailed bug report in the Bug Report Section, following this guide.

2.5 Can I use X program safely, or will it be detected by Hackshield?

Any programs that include the possibility of using Macro's or remapping keys, can be a threat.
    We also advise you to close/delete any possible cheating or hacking tools for other games, as these may be detected by Hackshield as well.

Furthermore, you can use this topic as reference. If your program is not listed there, feel free to send in a ticket or open a topic asking whether the program is safe to use. Please try to include as many details as possible about your program.

2.6 My country / IP is blocked

I am sorry, but Vindictus EU is limited in access, and not all countries will be able to play. The service area of Vindictus Europe includes Europe (excluding Russia and Cyprus) and Israel.

If you are outside the service area, you will not be able to play. We currently have no plans of making the game available in other countries, sorry.

If you are inside the service area, but you are unable to connect, please send in a ticket with the following details:

- Nexon ID:
    - IP adress:
    - Internet provider:

2.7 I cannot charge NX: "Cannot charge amount"

This is not a bug. There is an actual limit to the amount of NX you can purchase in a period of 30 days.

If you really still wish to charge more NX, you may do so by using Paysafecard, Boku or Mopay. These options are not affected by the NX charge limit.

2.8 I cannot buy an NX item even though I have enough NX

We are currently dealing with a bug where you cannot buy an item from the Depot if you have the exact amount of NX needed for it. For example: trying to buy a Goddess Grace (300 NX) when having exactly 300 NX. You need to have at least 301 NX in order to buy the Goddess Grace, and you will have 1 NX left after the purchase (the actual price of the item does not increase).
    We are terribly sorry and apologize for the inconvenience caused by this bug. We are currently working on fixing this.
    Last edited by NXDew; 26.11.2013 at 10:44.

Advanced Member

3. Reporting someone

3.1 Hacker / botter

You can report the person here with valid proof (an unedited screenshot or video will suffice). Please include the name of the reported person in your post, together with the proof.

3.2 Leecher / afker

You can report the person in the Abuse Report section. Please make sure to include valid proof (a series of unedited screenshots, taken within a certain timelapse, or a video of minimum 3 minutes will suffice). Please include the name of the reported person in your post, together with the proof.

3.3 Scammer

You can report the person in the Abuse Report section. Please make sure to include valid proof (an unedited screenshot, video or link to forum topic will suffice). Please include the name of the reported person in your post, together with the proof.

3.4 Insults / racism / inappropriate name

First of all, please use the Block Whisper function to block this person, and avoid making a discussion or flamewar.
    If the person continues to harass you, you can report the person in the Abuse Report section. Please make sure to include valid proof (unedited screenshots of the whole conversation or a video will suffice). Please include the name of the reported person in your post, together with the proof.

3.5 Spammer / goldseller / advertising

You can report the person in the Abuse Report section. Please make sure to include valid proof (an unedited screenshot or video will suffice). Please include the name of the reported person in your post, together with the proof.

Last edited by NXDew; 11.06.2013 at 15:46.

3,5 why im banned ?

Newcomer

vindictus setup

When i try to run the setup the setup window just pops up and desapears imidiatly, does anybody know what's wrong with it?

Can we delete a character? if we can do this how? and will it free a character slot?

Newcomer

Make sure your firewall is not blocking Vindictus.
    Turn off Parental Control if this is turned on.
    You can find this in your Control Panel, and also in your Anti-virus settings (especially ESET and NOD have Parental Control turned ON by default).
    Add Vindictus to the allowed exceptions of your Anti-virus program.
    this 3 things i have done, but i am not sure how to start as admin, i start vindictus over webpage, not as exe

Newcomer

Something's not right :3

I got banned as well =/ But, I've sent a ticket. I REALLY did nothing wrong
    "#002 - Banned by Hackshield"

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast