Recently some of our users have been getting hacked have lost their money. Please follow the advise in this post to secure your computer and account:
- Do not trust goldsellers or buy gold from them. This is illegal and most likely you will just end up getting scammed. Furthermore, goldbuying is a violation of the ToU and will result in an account ban.
- Secure your computer by using an anti-virus and anti-spyware program. Make sure to update the anti-virus program and scan you computer regularly. Using multiple different anti-virus programs (if they are compatible) helps you secure your computer even more.
- Be careful not to share your personal information. Nexon will never send you any emails asking for your account details (unless this was specifically requested via a ticket), and GMs will not ask you for your account information either.
- When visiting a link, make sure the website is trustable. There may be fishing websites impersonating Nexon, always check the url bar when visiting a Nexon website. The official Vindictus EU website url is http://vindictus.nexoneu.com/, and the official Nexon website url is http://en.nexoneu.com/ (any Nexon website urls will end in nexoneu.com). Any websites that have another url are not to be trusted, especially if they are asking you for your account data or asking you to log in.
- It is advised to change your password regularly to avoid being hacked. You can change your password here.
- If you have not yet done so, please set your Crimson Blade Security Code for extra account protection. You can do so on the character selection screen after logging in on Vindictus.
We are currently still investigating the hacking cases and will provide you with more information if possible.
If you have been hacked, and lost items or gold, please send in a ticket and we will help you regain the lost money.
EDIT: We won't support anymore players that haven't set their secondary password, please read this forum post: http://forum.nexoneu.com/showthread....onary-Measures
Note: if you provide us with false information and deliberately try to trick us in the hope of getting free money, this will result in a 30 day account suspension.
- Vindictus Europe-